Rules can make your life simpler
On this site, or Living Plenty or dedicated to my cat Abraham Mao, I want authenticated users to be taken to the group page, which shows all their unread group discussions. Anonymous users when browsing the sites would just go to the usual node page.
When searching drupal, I tried out Front page module, however, it did not work for me to do what I wanted.
Luckily while watching a drupal videocast, I did stumble upon the answer, which was to use the Rules module.
* Go to '/admin/rules' to administer rules
* Click on 'Triggered rules'
* Select "Add a new rule" tab or '/admin/rules/trigger/add'
* Choose "User has logged in" event
* Click "Save changes" button
* Click on "Add an action" button
* Select "Page redirect' under system, and click on the "Next button"
* Check "Force redirecting to the given path, even if a destination parameter is given"
* Click "Save" button